Tuesday, April 8, 2014












April 8, 2014   
Today's Photograph . . . . Abused Lure (Will D)
Bible Study Verse
1 Peter 5:10
And the God of all grace, Who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered  a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
Some lures, especially those made to catch fish with sharp teeth, must be made with rugged construction--ball bearing swivels and chomp-proof materials--components that make them indestructible. Even if the toothy critters that swim our waters may not totally destroy them, they can affect the lure's performance and fish-catching abilities, rendering them useless or ineffective.

What qualities are you made of? Do you allow the toothy critters or the trappings of this world take away your effectiveness? There was a time in my life when I fell victim to such things. 
 
Thankfully, God answered the prayers of my wife, and used a friend to introduce me to my Lord and Savior. (Thanks, G.S.) Although I suffered the consequences of my actions, Jesus Christ restored me and made me strong, firm and steadfast. 
(Will D)

Action Point
There are people suffering because they are held captive by this world. Pray for them. Ask God to place them in your path; and be ready to explain how a relationship with Jesus Christ can restore them and make them strong.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Large diving lures are expensive. Take time in the off-season to repair them as much as possible. Automotive paints work well and can bring them back to life. Replace the hardware with equal or better than the original components.