Tuesday, April 8, 2014












April 7, 2014   
Today's Photograph . . . . This Season On Earth Only Lasts So Long (Ron H)
Bible Study Verse
Luke 15:7 
I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who  repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
I'm not sure if our southern readers get stir crazy in the winter, but living in the North can be a challenge. This past winter has been absolutely brutal for us here in Michigan. There were parts of Michigan that got hammered with some pretty good snow storms. But where I live, it was just cold - really cold - for a loooong time! 
 
The kind of cold that makes me not want to cross-country ski, rabbit hunt, ice fish, or even take the snowmobile out. Those are the normal things that we do where I live to break up the winter monotony. But this year, it was so cold that I just didn't want to get out. 
 
So needless to say, when I was driving to church this morning and saw the sun shining down on the fields and melting away the snow, I was excited! When I crossed over the bridge in town and I saw that the river was open and flowing with no ice on it, I was pumped! 
 
The seemingly eternal cold winter is over!
(Dave M)

Action Point
The excitement that I feel is because I am looking forward to what the next season will bring. The winter is done and spring is on the way. Just like this drawn out winter has an end, our lives also have an end date. When that end date is, none of us know, but God does. 
 
The beauty of being a believer in Christ is that no matter when that end date comes, I am able to be excited for what the next season will hold for me - eternity in Heaven with Jesus! However, though we all have an end date to our lives, not all can look forward to life beyond with excitement or anticipation. As a matter of fact, many will not enter into Heaven. They will be in hell. 
 
Each of us has a choice as to whether to accept Christ's sacrifice on the cross for our sins. To not accept what Christ did on the cross is to choose hell. 
 
If you have not accepted and believed that Jesus truly is the savior of your soul, then let today be the day. 
 
If you have a friend you've been contemplating talking to about this, let this be the day. Take action on this important decision today. 
 
This season on earth only lasts so long, and without making a decision to follow Christ, there is no anticipation for the season to come.
Sportsmens Tip of the Day
As we shift into a new season, pull out all the hunting and fishing equipment and take an inventory. Make sure to update your gear before you need it. Planning for the upcoming outdoor events is half the fun anyway.