Wednesday, April 2, 2014

















April 2, 2014   

Today's Photograph . . . . I Then Think Rationally About Solutions And Act Accordingly  (Janet B) 
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 19:8
The precepts of the Lord are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are radiant, giving light to the eyes. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
Recently, there have been several areas of my life that get me rather upset. They range from things that happen at work to the continuing efforts of politicians who try to ban guns and ammunition in my state! I usually don't get upset very easily; however, when I feel my rights are being infringed upon, I have a tendency to react right away and not think too clearly. 
 
Two things seem to alter my course back to objective, logical thinking. First, I always talk things over with my wife, who often has a clearer picture of the situation and one that's not shaded by my angry feelings. Secondly, God somehow shows me another side--this seems to happen more and more in my life. He may do this through something I see on TV, something I hear, or sometimes, it's as simple as reading His Word. 
 
Usually in the end, I calm down, the joy is brought back to my heart; and most importantly, light has been given to my eyes. I then think rationally about solutions and act accordingly. 
(Jim C)

Action Point
When it comes to fishing, losing a big fish can be the straw that breaks the camel's back. I remember some of my younger tournament days when losing a fish could ruin my entire day. I would be out of the tournament both mentally and physically. 
 
The older I got, I realized that there was nothing I could do about this tragic event once it happened. Constantly thinking about it would not only take my focus off the rest of the day, but there was no way to get that fish back! 
 
So, I began to think about that situation differently: If I lost a fish, I would try to think about what made that fish bite, where and how it happened; refocus my efforts to get another fish to strike; continue on, and strive for a better day. Once I looked at the event from another angle, it seemed a lot better and also became an occurrence from which I could and did learn.

When you have a problem or something upsets you, it may help to just take your Bible and flip to any page. You will be amazed at how God will bring joy to your heart and light to your eyes.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Sharp quality hooks are a must when fishing top waters or crankbaits for bass. Spend the time to replace worn or cheap hooks with quality ones of the right size. Thinner wire, needle-sharp hooks will penetrate faster and with less effort and give you a much better chance to a positive hookset that's needed to land more fish consistently.