Friday, December 13, 2013













December 11, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . I Knew I Had To Have Some Of That Action  (Janet B) 
Bible Study Verse
John 15:8 
This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be My disciples. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
Perhaps nothing in the fishing world can compare to the strike of a fish on a topwater lure. Topwater lures aren't species specific either. What was once only a mainstay of bass fisherman, surface lures now entice everything from redfish and tuna, to blue marlin. I remember the first time I saw a big sea trout explode one - had to have some of that action.

We had just finished bottom fishing a peak some 70 nautical miles offshore, when a good friend sat down next to me and shared that he had recently given his life to Jesus. I really didn't know how to act or what to say. My first thoughts were: how will this affect me, and how will this change our relationship? (Isn't it remarkable how life before Christ is so self- centered?) 
 
The next several months, I watched him carefully. I wanted to see just what this whole Jesus thing was about. I immediately noticed that his language changed; his demeanor too- he had this peace about him. And, his outlook on life improved--he had purpose. I also saw him turn the sources of worry and distraction into the focus of his prayers. I admired his change; and as I watched Christ grow and make these profound changes in him, I knew I had to have some of that action. 
(Will D.)

Action Point
Every time you and I witness, we open the door to the scrutiny and watchful eyes of the secular world. But, that is good news. We don't have to act or try to be something we are not because the "old us" has been replaced with a new, born again Spirit- God's promise to us. 
 
Rejoice in the fact you no longer have to strive to fit in some worldly pattern of existence. Thank our Lord of Heaven for the Grace He offers us and the eternal life - saving change it provides.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Topwater lures work much better when utilizing a loop knot. A good one that is easy and quick to tie is the Rapala Knot.