Sunday, December 29, 2013























December 29, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Not Wild Wolves In The Night  (EWS)
Bible Study Verse
Psalms 91: 5
Fear nothing-not wild wolves in the night, not flying arrows in the day. (Message)
 
Thoughts 
My dad use to tell us kids the story when he tried to ride his bicycle to Uncle Dick's farm way up in the north woods of Minnesota. It was further than he had expected and it was getting dark when the wolves started to howl on his left, then on his right. He peddled faster and the howling got closer. His legs were like rubber from fatigue, but he was sure the wolves were trying to cut him off from reaching the safety of the old farm house. 
 
He would of course only tell the story at night around the campfire and as kids it would provoke great fear and suspense. We could feel the fire in his lungs and legs. 
 
As the old farm house came into view, the wolves were starting to come out on the old logging road, closing in. He was standing up peddling now, praying someone would be home to meet him at the door with a really, really big gun.
(Wes W)

Action Point 
I love that the Bible relates directly to me personally and that within every story there is a promise to me personally. "Fear Nothing, not even wild wolves in the night." 
 
God has my back, my future and promises to rescue, shield, protect, fend off, be my shield, be my refuge and be my fortress. As light takes the fear out of darkness, God takes the fear out of life.
It's a choice to let our minds conjure up all kinds of fears or take the promises of God and believe them personally.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When in bear country I always know exactly where my flashlight and bear maze is when turning out the lights. One is in one boot and the other in the other boot, right by my sleeping bag for quick easy access in a moment's notice. I never lose any sleep.