Friday, December 13, 2013













December 9, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . You May Not Think You Have Much Of A Christian Testimony, But Hero You Do Have An Audience  (Wes W) 
Bible Study Verses
Matthew.5:13-16
"Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this Earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage. Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand-shine! Keep open house; be generous with your lives. By opening up to others, you'll prompt people to open up with God, this generous Father in Heaven." (Message)

Thoughts
Here's another way to put it, "You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in this world. God is no secret to be kept."

When I think back to my years growing up, I was most attracted to men like you reading this article. Sportsmen, hunters, adventurers, and cowboys that rode rodeo & risked their lives, and especially if they had wall mounts of their conquests.

My Christian parents worried that their maverick, rebel, and renegade ways would influence me away from Christianity, but they didn't. Instead they opened my eyes to the God-colors of this big beautiful world and encouraged me to explore and to expand my horizons to discover all that God made available to us as men.
(Wes W) 

Action Point
Most of us are dads, grandpas, uncles, employers, guides, husbands, and friends. There're young men watching and looking for a hero. You may not think you have much of a Christian testimony, but hero you do have an audience.

Be "the Man," be courageous, live the adventure, fight the battle, and win your beauty. Get the book Wild at Heart by John Eldridge; it will get you started.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Ever since my wife bought me this little point and shoot camera that fits in my shirt pocket, I've been noticing God-colors everywhere. God-flavors that I use to not notice.