Saturday, December 21, 2013





















December 19, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . But, God's Ways Are Not Our Ways  (MQ) 
 
Bible Study Verses
I Corinthians 3:5-8 
What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe-as the Lord has assigned to each his task. I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor. (NIV)
 
Thoughts
It was a new stand. We had just stood it up on the pipeline the previous day; yet, there I sat, wondering if it would be a good spot. An hour later, I was admiring a small buck that I had just taken. 
 
On the way back to get the four-wheeler, I saw a huge scrape that I had not seen before then. It was fresh, and its size told me that a good-sized buck had been tending it. I was leaving for the weekend, so I told my Dad about the scrape and urged him to go sit in that stand. 
 
In the rain the next morning, he shot a huge nine-point. Sometimes you just have to set someone else up to succeed in order to accomplish a common goal. In our case, it was fresh deer tenderloin and a mount to go in the game room. 
 
His reward was a filled tag. My reward was having helped him to succeed. 
(Brian H)

Action Point
Our society puts too much emphasis on having the spotlight firmly on ourselves. But, God's ways are not like our ways. 
 
In the passage above, Paul and Apollos were working hand-in-hand for a common goal - to see people come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Sometimes Paul would preach and then Apollos would go talk to the people one-on-one, and they would be saved. Basically, Paul says, "I don't care who gets to lead them to the Lord as long as they get saved!" 
 
Sometimes we're called to plant a seed. Sometimes we're called to water it. Other times, we get to harvest. But don't forget that we do exactly what God calls us to do. Nobody harvests unless God makes our efforts grow. The spotlight is not on us. We're in the shadows. The spotlight is right where it belongs - on our great and glorious God!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Keep your eyes open for unusual forage no matter what you're hunting. Sometimes you might think that game would be hitting one food source hard only to find that they're interested in something else. Scout hard and don't overlook lesser food sources.