Tuesday, December 17, 2013





















December 17, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Don't Let Them See You  (MQ)
Bible Study Verses
James 4:2-3
You want things, but you do not have them. So you are ready to kill and are jealous of other people, but you still cannot get what you want. So you argue and fight. You do not get what you want, because you do not ask God. Or when you ask, you do not receive because the reason you ask is wrong. You want things so you can use them for your own pleasures. (NCV)
 
Thoughts
"God, I ask you to bless me to harvest an animal today. Give me clear senses to make wise choices and cause the ability you gave me to make the arrow fly true."

The deer came in like a ghost. I never heard even the faintest footfall. She was healthy and strong. Very aware of her surroundings, she kept a watchful eye on every tree branch and leaf that moved. She led what seemed to be a herd down the worn path toward the fence crossing. When she stopped, all the other deer started to feed on the acorns on the ground. She was the matriarch--on guard and continuously snapping her head up and sniffing the air. 
 
I waited for her to be quartering away and head down, feeding, before I slowly drew my arrow and string backward. My drop away rest ticked as it set itself in the upright position and her head snapped to attention. She looked at the base of my tree searching for the unfamiliar sound. I locked my sight pin on a hair on her side and pulled through my release.

"Thank you, God, for this moment in the field, for the hunt I experienced and for the animal you have given me. I am grateful for just being in the woods, but today, you have truly blessed me; and I give You the glory for the harvest." 
(Dennis W)

Action Point
Start now to pray with your spouse, children, or hunting partners before and after a hunt. God wants us to pray whether or not we get a harvest.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Deer are wary creatures, always looking for danger. Hunting from a tree stand in the eastern US, means hunting as high as possible, or being concealed in a blind. Don't let them see you.