Wednesday, December 25, 2013












December 21, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . How Awesome It Is To Know That He Is There For Us 24/7 With Strength Beyond Our Wildest Dreams   (FWS) 
Bible Study Verse
Revelation 20:2 
He laid hold of the dragon, that serpent of old, who is the Devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
Yesterday, a friend played a joke on me with a rubber rattlesnake, bringing back a flood of memories from years past . . . 

My son, 13 at the time, was with me on a quail hunting trip. We were camped out in a remote area with friends. It was my son's first time out carrying a shotgun, my old HR 20-gauge single-shot. 
 
We had walked out of camp to hunt a nearby wash where we had heard quail calling. We hadn't gone far when I heard "SNAKE"! As I looked over toward my son, I saw him bringing his rifle up from the hip, and at the same time saw a huge rattler raise its head like a cobra ready to strike. 
 
The 20-gauge sounded its report and the snake's head was gone. That night, we ate snake for dinner; and today, the snake's skin adorns a rifle sling. After this experience was over, I am not sure who was more relieved, my son or myself. What I am glad for is the snake's demise and the protection my son received. 
(Byron S)

Action Point
That snake experience was scary for my son and me. We both cried when it was all over. There is a snake (serpent) that stalks each of us today. He knows our weak, unprotected selves, and works to strike when our guard is down. 
 
By reading the whole story in our Bible, we find that Jesus has already defeated this "serpent" on the Cross, will soon have that serpent thrown into the pit for a thousand years, and later thrown into the lake of fire. 
 
Our 20-gauge is our ability to call on Jesus for protection and help when we find ourselves under attack. If we ask, He has promised us that HE will help us overcome Satan and change our lives. How awesome it is to know that He is there for us 24/7 with strength beyond our wildest dreams. 
 
Don't rely on your own strength. Read the whole story and see for yourself how it ends; then, claimHIS PROMISES
 
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When hunting in snake habitat, high-top boots or snake guards can be a good protection against getting bitten. Study up on your first aid for snake bite treatment; know the proper care for a bite. Rattlesnake bites can not only be severe, they can be deadly.