Saturday, December 14, 2013












December 13, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Field Dressing Tin (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Judges 3:11
So the land had rest for forty years. Then Othniel the son of Kenaz died. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
My Dad bought my first hunting license for me in 1968, forty five years ago. Since then, I've collected all of the annual hunting licenses I've had from the several states in which I've lived. The collection is a reminder of the heritage my dad started in me many years ago when I was a little boy.

Othniel had a heritage. He learned it at the feet of his older brother and great hero of Israel, Caleb. He drew on that heritage as he rescued the children of Israel from an oppressive king. For forty years, about the length of his generation, he led Israel to have peace and rest. 
(Don H)

Action Point
When Othniel died, the children of Israel fell back to their old ways. It's a reminder for us today that our outdoor heritage is just one generation away from passing into oblivion. 
 
It's also a warning for Christians today that our heritage of faith rests in our present generation and the passion with which we pass it along to our children.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Collect the following: A pair of latex gloves, a book of matches wrapped in about  6 ft of fluorescent marking ribbon, a pack of tissue (like the type found in MRE kits, or fold your own), a couple of packs of individually wrapped hand wipes, and a piece of cord. Believe it or not, these items can be neatly packed into an empty mint tin which makes for a great field dressing kit, or for other semi- emergency uses.