Friday, December 13, 2013













December 12, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . I Know Every Bird Of The Mountains  (Dave H) 
Bible Study Verse
Psalm 50:10-12
"For every beast of the forest is Mine, the cattle on a thousand hills. I know every bird of the mountains, and everything that moves in the field is Mine. If I were hungry I would not tell you,
For the world is Mine, and all it contains." (NASB)
 
Thoughts
I recommend that you read all of Psalm 50, not just the excerpt included above. It is certainly not the easiest psalm for me to understand. I have a hard time comprehending parts of it. 
 
However, I do understand these verses. The Lord lets us know in no uncertain terms that: "every beast of the forest is Mine," He "knows every bird of the mountain;" and that "everything that moves in the field is Mine." We have to admit that is pretty clear! 
 
Did you catch the part where He tells us that, not only does He own all of those things, but He knows every bird of the mountains? 
(Dave H)

Action Point
When we go out hunting, we are taking something that belongs to the Lord and something that He knows personally. Just as He knows every hair on our head, He knows every beast of the field. 
 
Doesn't that just fill us with awe? It is so hard to wrap our little minds around how incomprehensibly big God is.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
While I am not what might be referred to as a "birder", I am awed by how the Lord has intricately crafted these winged creatures. Carry a field book with you on your outings so that you will be able to identify the various birds, and then create your "life list." Make a note of each new bird you identify and the circumstances surrounding it. It will greatly enhance your outdoor experience.