Thursday, December 19, 2013





















December 18, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . Something New Is Always Exciting  (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
Isaiah 43:19
Behold, I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. (NKJV)
 
Thoughts
She was standing in the fence line for several minutes, which felt like an eternity, only allowing me to see her head. Her precaution led me to believe she was a mature doe. As she eased into the field, I knew this was the deer I was to take. Her body was sleek and fat. Her belly hung low and she was wary, not like the other deer in the field. 
 
I eased my new muzzleloader onto the hay bale I hid behind, found her in my scope, pulled the hammer back and exhaled just a little. I squeezed the trigger and BOOM!! 
 
Where'd she go? Matter of fact, where'd the field go? I was initiated into the world of muzzleloader hunting that afternoon. When the smoke cleared the doe lay right where I shot her. 
(Dennis W)

Action Point
I chose to attempt something new, but the Bible says that God is always doing something new. He wants to do something new in your life. He wants to make a way through the wilderness of your sin and give refreshing water to the dryness of your life. 
 
Something new is always exciting. If you haven't experienced the always-refreshing newness of Christ, invite him into your life.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
The foulest weather is sometimes the best time to be in the woods. Keep your powder dry in your muzzleloader by cutting a finger from a rubber glove and stretching it over the end of the barrel.