Tuesday, April 2, 2013



















April 1, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . When God Blesses You, Bless Others   (Jack M)
Bible Study Verses
Luke 12:18-20
"Then he said, 'This is what I'll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. And I'll say to myself, "You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry. ' " "But God said to him, 'You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?" "

Thoughts
A cemetery that carries my family surname? I made it a point to stop, look around, and see if any names were familiar. They were not. So they must not have been close relatives. Though there are many spellings of my last name, these folks spelled it just like I do.

It was a sobering reminder that I will have a place where my own name will be on the tomb stone. I must make sure I live so that God will prepare a place for me to join Him for eternity.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Live with a view toward forever. That is what eternity will be. Forever! The word eternity may be defined as "an eon of eons." An eon is a really long time! Wow!

The farmer in the story from the above passage thought he was doing quite well, thank you very much! But, God called him into account. God says he was a fool as he thought he was in control and in charge of his own destiny. In his mind he did not need God, or others. He had plenty and it went to his head. 

Don't make the mistake of thinking this life and the time here on this earth is all there is. Eternity is real. Prepare to live with God forever by personal faith in His Son Jesus.

After that issue is settled then live like a believer. Let the attitudes and actions of Christ characterize your lifestyle. 

I love this epitaph from an actual tombstone. "Under the sod and under the trees lies the body of Jonathan Pease. He's not here, there's only the pod. Pease shelled out and went to God."

What a funny way to say that here is a man of faith! What will be written on your tombstone?  

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
When God blesses you, bless others. Make sure that "giving" is a part of your outdoor plans. Take someone into the outdoors who may not otherwise get that chance. Consider mentoring a young person whose folks are not interested in the outdoors. Pass on this great legacy. Give!