Monday, April 29, 2013












April 28, 2013   
  Today's Photograph . . . . The Best Waterfowl Season Of My Life  (Yvonne M)
Bible Study Verse
Psalms 51:1-2
Have mercy on me, O God, according to Your unfailing love; according to Your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. (NIV)
Thoughts
This past season was the best waterfowl season of my life. In reality, I have not hunted that long compared to the years I have fished. However, this was a very special year. There were a lot of good hunts, with lots of new friends and incredible visual experiences in the field. On many occasions I just looked up and said, "Thanks God! It was an awesome day!"
(Jim C)
Action Point
What jumps out at me is "great compassion." How many times can you think of that you had an awesome day, hunt, time with friends and family etc. and did not say a thank you to God? I know in my case, I cannot count that high!
Yet, when I remember, and turn toward God, He blots out my transgressions, always giving me His grace to try again. It's funny because when I do thank Him, the day, event, or situation seems to get even better. That's God and how cool is that!!!
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Remember it's not always the kill that makes a great hunt. A great hunt is made with the help of great people. What is incredible about hunting and fishing is that in a lot of cases, great people you meet become great friends that you share even more experiences with.