Monday, April 22, 2013












April 20, 2013 

Today's Photograph . . . . We May Also Need To Warn Others Of The Consequences Of Denying What He Offers To Us  (Cliff S)
Bible Study Verse
Ezekial 3:17
"Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me." (NIV)

Thoughts
While I was sitting at a watering hole a while back, I heard rustling in the bushes on the other side of the water. Moments later, a very nice buck poked his head out from the trees and looked around. Slowly, he emerged from the trees, extremely cautious about every move. Eventually, he came down to the water to drink and ended up a mere fifteen yards from me. (Of course I was hunting elk).

The entire time I watched him from my blind, he appeared very alert and on edge. After several minutes, a much older buck stepped out from the same area in the trees and came down to water.

The first buck then seemed somewhat more relaxed, but very submissive to the older buck and still kept watch while they drank. 
(Brett M)

Action Point
A watchman in Ezekiel's time would stand guard on the wall of the city and warn of impending danger. God called Ezekiel to be a watchman for God's people and to warn them of God's coming judgment. 

As Ezekiel was a watchman for the Jews and this younger buck was a watchman for the older buck, so should we be watchmen for God's children. Sometimes I find myself witnessing to others, spreading the great news about God's salvation, but omitting the ugly side of sin and death. 

This verse helps to serve as a reminder that, in addition to sharing the greatness of God's salvation, we may also need to warn others of the consequences of denying what He offers to us.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
While sitting in a blind, be prepared for a visit from animals other than those you are hunting. Take along a camera. You might find that these experiences are just as memorable as your harvest.