Saturday, April 6, 2013












April 6, 2013

Today's Photograph . . . .There Are Times In Our Lives That Are Dark (Dave W) 
Bible Study Verse
Joshua 1:5
No one will be able to stand against you all the days of your life. As I was with Moses, so I will be with you; I will never leave you nor forsake you. (NIV) 

Thoughts
I purchased my first trail cam this fall, and I've loved the results of having it on my food plots.  I've been able to see deer at all times of the day. 

I've got some twins who come in just about the same time every afternoon; I've got a spike that frequently comes in during the morning; and I've got some nice bucks that frequent the food plots at about 3:00am. 

The part that I've enjoyed most though is being able to see the bucks that come in the middle of the night.  I've got some bruisers coming in that I never even knew were in the area. 

The knowledge of their presence has increased my motivation to continue to hunt.  There are some mornings where I just don't feel like getting out of bed, but the fact that I've discovered that they are there propels me to get up and out there.
(Dave M)

Action Point
God says that He is always with us.  We can never go to a place that He is not.  I can hike out in the bush, and He is there.  I can venture off into the middle of nowhere fishing, and He is still there.  I can hunt in the most remote area, and He is right by my side. 

What a comfort it is to know that God is always with me.  There are times in our lives that are dark, and there are times where we wait on God for what seems like an eternity, but have faith. He is right there.  He never has left your side, nor will He ever. 

Usually, the issue is not that he has left us; it's usually that we have walked away from Him.  Turn back; He's there!

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
If you are using a trail cam, keep extra batteries in your backpack.  You don't want to get to your trail cam, have dead batteries, and not be able to immediately fix it.