Thursday, April 11, 2013












April 11, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . We Should Never Have To Sin In Order To Fulfill God's Plan For Us  (NPS) 
Bible Study Verses
Genesis 27: 5-10
Rebekah was eavesdropping as Isaac spoke to his son Esau. As soon as Esau had gone off to the country to hunt game for his father, Rebekah spoke to her son Jacob. "I just overheard your father talking with your brother, Esau. He said, 'Bring me some game and fix me a hearty meal so that I can eat and bless you with God's blessing before I die.'  "Now, my son, listen to me. Do what I tell you. Go to the flock and get me two young goats. Pick the best; I'll prepare them into a hearty meal, the kind that your father loves. Then you'll take it to your father, he'll eat and bless you before he dies." (Message)

Thoughts
We split up from camp to go javelina hunting. Two of the guys walked out of camp to crest a ridge nearby. I drove a couple miles away where I had seen some fresh sign. No sooner had I gotten to my location when my radio squelched. "We see one! He's bedded down." I hurriedly made it back to my truck and sped back to their location.

Arriving at their spot, they pointed to a black mass beneath a mesquite tree about a mile and a half away. "I saw it walk up and lay down, he hasn't moved since!"

Glassing the area I could definitely see an animal there, but due to the distance I couldn't make much out. We began our stalk which would be closer to three miles to stay down wind, most of the while hiking in a wash and out of eyeshot of the sleeping pig.

At a quarter mile away we climbed out of the wash and began to glass the area. Just in time to see the black mound under the mesquite tree rise from its bed, shoo away some flies with its long tail, moo, and begin chewing its cud. My Minnesota native friend had just been deceived by a cow.
(Brett M)

Action Point
Rebekah was attempting to deceive Isaac in order to "help" God along with His promise that He would use Jacob to carry out His plan. Although her intentions may have been well meaning, she still planned to deceive her husband in order to carry out the plan.

Although we may know God's plans, sometimes like Rebekah, we feel we need to assist God because they do not seem to be moving as timely or orderly as we think they should. The old saying, "the ends don't always justify the means," applies here.

Remember, God does not contradict Himself. We should never have to sin in order to fulfill God's plan for us.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Javelina typically travel in herds of 5 to 12. If you see just one, wait. There are likely others in the same area.