Thursday, April 25, 2013














April 23, 2013

Today's Photograph . . . . The Offer Of God Through Christ Is That We Don't Have To Sleep The Second Death (MQ)
Bible Study Verse
John 11:12
His disciples replied, "Lord, if he sleeps, he will get better." (NIV)
  
Thoughts
I was startled from my nap.  What was it that awakened me?  The nap felt really good in light of the early hours.  The spring sun was warm and relaxing.  But, what was it that awakened me? 
  
I had learned to keep still and not move during these times.  My eyes carefully moved from right to left as I looked for what had awakened me.  There he was!  A beautiful tom turkey alternating between full strut and an alert posture as he looked for that hen he had heard calling to him.
(Jack M)

Action Point
Sleep.  A nap.  Rest.  Why do we need sleep?  Why is rest required for good health?

May I suggest that almost every physical need is also a picture of a spiritual truth? Adequate, regular, quality sleep is required for good mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual health.  I find that when I am tired that it is much more difficult to control my thoughts and keep them where they should be.

Sleep is a metaphor for death.  The fact that we need sleep reminds us that we will all die.

The offer of God through Christ is that we don't have to sleep the second death.  After physical death, we can awake to life eternal, and never die!!! Jesus said in John 11:26 (NIV), "And whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Do you wish to live forever?  Are you looking for eternal life?  It is only in Jesus.  Receive Him by faith, and you will live with Him forever!  Forever is a very long time!!!!

Sportsman's Tip of the Day
When you are napping in the woods, make sure you are safe!  If you are in a tree stand, use an approved safety harness system.  If you are on the ground, make sure the weapon is safe as to the direction of the barrel or projectile.  Make sure that you will wake up safely when you get that little nap that we all enjoy.

Plan for adequate sleep when you hunt.  Being exhausted is not safe.  Exhaustion can cause you to miss opportunities that you had waited to enjoy.