Thursday, April 18, 2013












April 18, 2013   

Today's Photograph . . . . What They Do You'll Probably Do As Well, Right Or Wrong. Choose Wisely
(Cliff S)
Bible Study Verse
John 17:24 
"Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, and to see My glory, the glory You have given Me because You loved Me before the creation of the world." (NIV)
Thoughts
Camping is a very intimate activity for me. It's intimate because I will only go camping with those that I consider to be really close. Those men that I am willing to allow into my innermost circle and to see and to know the real me.
Sitting around a campfire with your best friends has a way of forcing a person to take off the mask that he wears in his day-to-day life. You know the mask, the one we wear to keep our daily acquaintances from knowing who and what we really are.
There's a line from a movie that I watch occasionally The Man From Snowy River that says a lot about camping. The line is, "A camp can be hard to find in the mountains. You're welcome at my fire anytime." What the character is saying in the movie is that he wants the other guy to join him and become one of his closest associates. He is inviting the other guy into his circle.
(Cliff S)
Action Point
It struck me recently that joining Jesus (becoming a Christian) is a lot like camping.
Jesus wants us in His camp! He has extended the invitation for us to join Him and be close to Him. He has told us all that we need to know about Him in the Bible, His living word. Jesus wears no masks. He is willing for us to see Him as He really is.
He lived among men and spent time with them when He walked this earth. And, He still walks among us and spends time with us if we're willing to "go camping" with Him.
Sportsmen's Tip of the Day
Remember when your Mother told you to choose your friends carefully, that you'll wind up being like them? Well, the same advice goes for choosing your camping and hunting buddies. What they do you'll probably do as well, right or wrong. Choose wisely!